Find our Treats
Visit the Sugar & Snow Cafe at 1446 Brevard Road! We have handcrafted gelato and baked goods, sandwiches, coffee, milkshakes and more!
Hours: Tuesday 10am-6pm, Wednesday 10am-5pm, Thursday & Friday 10am-6pm, Sat 10am-5pm, CLOSED Sunday and Monday. STAY TUNED for extended hours in the Spring.
Pick up a pint of sorbet at the store:
*West Village Market, 771 Haywood Rd.
*Hendersonville Community Co-op, 60 South Charleston Lane, Hendersonville, NC.
Find the Gelato Cart at the Farmers Market: Updated schedule to be posted in Spring!
Our business name pays homage to the origins of gelato, dating back to the First Century A.D., when Roman Emperors enjoyed fresh mountain snow flavored with sugar and wine. We believe everyone deserves the Royal Gelato Experience: the best ingredients, combined to perfection, served soon after being made.
We use the highest quality ingredients from our backyard and beyond. We buy milk and cream from Farm to Home Milk, an Asheville company that brings us dairy products from places like Maple View Farms. We are committed to buying local and seasonal ingredients whenever possible. When we have to go beyond our region for something, we bring in the best, like Cacao Barry Chocolate and Italian pistachios.
Go back to the basics and build from there. Create superb gelato. No mixes, no short cuts. Make gelato worth raving about and keep experimenting! Respect The People: everyone deserves to know what’s in their food.
About Our Gelato
- Features milk and cream from North Carolina Farms
- Puts quality first: the best chocolate, fruit, pistachios, and dairy have been thoughtfully sourced as ingredients
- Makes for THE most fun cooking experiments! The quest for perfection never ends and there are always new ingredients to try.
- Has less air whipped into it than ice cream, which creates a dense, creamy, oh-so-different-than-ice-cream frozen dessert experience
- Never has monoglycerides, diglycerides, or gelatin as ingredients