Find Us This Week
Check our website often and follow us on Facebook and Twitter for updates to the schedule.
- Tuesday, 9/16: West Asheville Tailgate Market, 718 Haywood Rd, 3:30pm-6:30pm
- NOTE: Wednesday’s 9/17 RAD Market has been CANCELLED (there will be CSA pick-ups only)
- Thursday, 9/18: Oakley Farmers Market, 607 Fairview Rd, 3:30pm-6:30pm
- Friday, 9/19: Private Event
- Saturday, 9/20: WEATHER PERMITTING, The Wedge Brewing Co., 37 Payne’s Way, 2pm-6pm
What We Make
We spend time in the kitchen daily, making gelato and sorbet from scratch. When you stop by the cart, you’ll find three flavors of milk-based gelato and one sorbet flavor (dairy free!) made with fresh fruit. Our frozen desserts are conveniently packaged in cups, so you can enjoy them on the go!
We’re continuing to add new events and venues, so check back often to find the cart!
Interested in serving gelato at your next birthday party, wedding, corporate, or other event? Contact us to learn more about having the gelato cart or pans of gelato brought to you!
Our business name pays homage to the origins of gelato, dating back to the First Century A.D., when Roman Emperors enjoyed fresh mountain snow flavored with sugar and wine. We believe everyone deserves the Royal Gelato Experience: the best ingredients, combined to perfection, served soon after being made.
We use the highest quality ingredients from our backyard and beyond. We buy milk and cream from Farm to Home Milk, an Asheville company that brings us dairy products from places like Maple View Farms. We are committed to buying local and seasonal ingredients whenever possible. When we have to go beyond our region for something, we bring in the best, like Cacao Barry Chocolate and Italian pistachios.
Go back to the basics and build from there. Create superb gelato. No mixes, no short cuts. Make gelato worth raving about and keep experimenting! Respect The People: everyone deserves to know what’s in their food.
About Our Gelato
- Features milk and cream from North Carolina Farms
- Puts quality first: the best chocolate, fruit, pistachios, and dairy have been thoughtfully sourced as ingredients
- Makes for THE most fun cooking experiments! The quest for perfection never ends and there are always new ingredients to try.
- Has less air whipped into it than ice cream, which creates a dense, creamy, oh-so-different-than-ice-cream frozen dessert experience
- Never has monoglycerides, diglycerides, or gelatin as ingredients