Find Us This Week
- Wednesday, 12/11: Holiday Market at Blue Ridge Food Ventures, 1461 Sandhill Rd, 9am-1pm AND 4pm-7pm
- Friday, 12/13: Cool Craft Holiday Market, at HandMade in America, 125 S. Lexington Ave, Ste 101, 5pm-8pm
- Saturday, 12/14: Cool Craft Holiday Marketat, at HandMade in America, 125 S. Lexington Ave, Ste 101, 10am-6pm
- Sunday, 12/15: Cool Craft Holiday Marketat, at HandMade in America, 125 S. Lexington Ave, Ste 101, 10am-4pm
- Tuesday, 12/17: West Asheville Tailgate Market’s Holiday Market (indoors!), The Mothlight at Mr. Fred’s, 3pm-6pm
What We Make
We spend time in the kitchen daily, making gelato and sorbet from scratch. When you stop by the cart, you’ll find three flavors of milk-based gelato and one sorbet flavor (dairy free!) made with fresh fruit. Our frozen desserts are conveniently packaged in cups, so you can enjoy them on the go!
HandMade in America’s second annual Cool Craft Holiday Market, December 13-15, 2013! In partnership with Asheville’s Blue Ridge Food Ventures, this year’s Holiday Market will feature 44 vendors from throughout Western North Carolina. The market will be full of handmade craft, food, and natural product artisans showcasing their high-quality products and provide the perfect opportunity for shoppers to buy their last minute, locally-made gifts for the holidays!
Friday, December 13, 2013, 5:00pm – 8:00pm
Saturday, december 14, 2013 10:00am – 6:00pm
Sunday, December 15, 2013, 10:00am – 4:00pm
Our business name pays homage to the origins of gelato, dating back to the First Century A.D., when Roman Emperors enjoyed fresh mountain snow flavored with sugar and wine. We believe everyone deserves the Royal Gelato Experience: the best ingredients, combined to perfection, served soon after being made.
We use the highest quality ingredients from our backyard and beyond. We buy milk and cream from Farm to Home Milk, an Asheville company that brings us dairy products from places like Maple View Farms. We are committed to buying local and seasonal ingredients whenever possible. When we have to go beyond our region for something, we bring in the best, like Cacao Barry Chocolate and Italian pistachios.
Go back to the basics and build from there. Create authentic gelato. No mixes, no short cuts. Make gelato worth raving about and keep experimenting! Respect The People: everyone deserves to know what’s in their food.
About Our Gelato
- Features milk and cream from North Carolina Farms
- Puts quality first: the best chocolate, fruit, pistachios, and dairy have been thoughtfully sourced as ingredients
- Makes for THE most fun cooking experiments! The quest for perfection never ends and there are always new ingredients to try.
- Has less air whipped into it than ice cream, which creates a dense, creamy, oh-so-different-than-ice-cream frozen dessert experience
- Never has monoglycerides, diglycerides, or gelatin as ingredients